Friday, June 13, 2008

"Wheels on fire....

rolling down the road"
Every time I start to think about Kathy's dare, that song comes into my head. And I'm stuck with it all day. Thanks Mrs B!
I was never that keen on AbFab - which is where I know the song from. Terrible I know. How can I call myself British. And even worse... can I bear to admit it? Promise we can still be friends?
I don't like Fawlty Towers either.


I've had an interestingly varied week this week doing stuff like short-listing for a new moderator (bit like a Bishop but with less pointy hats and sticks); pre wedding interviews; meeting about the Havering Compact; parents evening (how nice that every teacher smiles when you approach with your daughter. I will boast no more than that); meeting about setting up a bereavement course (really want to do that); another meeting that didn't really happen but we set the world to rights; craft club - may be the last one at that church as it just hasn't taken off; alpha course - which is small but amazing in how lives are being changed; today - coffee morning at church soon (not my favourite thing to do if I am honest, especially on sermon friday) and working lunch before cracking on with it afternoon. And tomorrow there is a theatre trip with one of my churches. Can't say life is routine!

"Best notify my next of kin This wheel shall explode!"
still singing it. Actually until I just looked the words up, I've always gone "blah, blah duh, duh, duh" etc. for line three as I didn't know what it was. They should enunciate properly on records like they did in my day.

SO back to the wheely good Dare from Kathy this week.
Wheels
I'd like you to feature wheels ON your cards, or as part of them. So you could have cars, bikes etc on your card, or maybe you could actually make a card that moves along on some wheels..... or how about a card that has one of those "wheels" inside it (fixed with a brad) and little apertures in the actual card front so that when you move the wheel the message appears in the aperture? (I hope that makes sense)
Love those cards with moving bits - is the posh term kinetic cards? Haven't even attempted it meself mind as you can see.
I folded an 8x8 piece of Bazzill in half. The papers are from an old Self Addressed kit (possibly KI memories?) The round sentiment is a Scrapdragon download and the cement mixer is a Kate Hadfield doodle.
Everything was layered up and doodled down
And here is another quick card I made with a cute butterfly stamp

Paper is Kand CO, other stamp is Banana Frog. Oval nesties and lots of distress ink.

must go and eat cake....

7 comments:

Kathy said...

No-one could ever accuse you of living a dull life, could they?

Greatcard Lythan, I love all your doodling and the fab bright colours I wish I could make kids cards like this.

Kathy said...

ooops, forgot to say - the butterfly card is fab too

Jane said...

uch cooool cards hun' really lovely.

SueH said...

Oh my, what a busy week Lythan, it sound like your feet haven’t touched the floor.

Love your cute car for the dare but I have to say…that butterfly is simply gorgeous

Kath Stewart said...

Wow fabulous card love the colours and that truck is so cute

Hazel said...

Lovely bright fun wheel card for DCM. And have just spotted your card for dad - fab!

Jo said...

yummy cards :) I must admit to not getting AbFab either. I sat through an ep of the Two Ronnies the other day and didn't laugh at that either...

jo xx