Monday, July 28, 2008

Stick a fork in me

'cos I'm done!

Its torture having a day off on a gorgeous day when you would really like to craft 'cos the conservatory gets so hot. SO I did the sensible thing and went to Imagine that and taught a Christmas card class! I was there on Saturday which was a special event day and picked up some more nesties and distress inks. Emma is ordering the new Nestabilities Labels which if it were not against the 10 commandments I would covet. I try and avoid coveting my neighbours ass or anything else. but it is hard...

I have almost finished a card but for now here is some I made earlier...

first my {very late} Salt entry - the next is due this Thursday!
PATIENCE
A continuous life lesson, that I am struggling to learn!
There is so much to learn; PATIENCE as a fruit of the Holy Spirit,
waiting PATIENTLY in the Lord
How the Lord is PATIENT with us!
How we should be PATIENT with others
It took a while to work out what I wanted to say but I was helped by a wonderful photo that Phil took and some free filters he found for me here These are just so fab!The cardstock is Bazzill kraft and the papers are 7 Gypsies. I didn't think the photo needed much more so I just added some Banana Frog swirls, American Crafts rubons and some journalling.

As a change from the pared down look of the layout I made some busy cards! These were A5 cards for two ladies at church, for everyone to sign. I am trying to use up some of my Basic Grey stash so there is room for all the lovely new stuff!

I had to phtotgraph them quickly in poor light so excuse the pics! This card used Lily Kate papers. The numbers are Urban Lily traced onto grungeboard, cut out and put through a cuttlebug folder. I was so pleased with the look that you can expect to see it again. The numbers were then painted with Cool Peri dabber then brushed over with a light blue ink pad. I bought some wonderful self adhesive pearls on Saturday and used them as flower centres

The second card is more of the same
but pinker! And uses Romani papers instead

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Lovely stuff as ever Lyth - that LO is especially wonderful - I'm going off now to check out that site....