Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I can spend 15 minutes thinking up an interesting name for the post

or just get on with it.
So I will.

Although blogging time has been sparse, I have managed to fit some crafting in recently.
I can now show you two cards I made for my bff Sue and my god-daughter Nerissa as their birthdays have gone by...
This one uses Daisy Bucket papers. a robo'd butterfly (template from UKS) and letters and one or two doodles.

Everything on this card is from Scenic Route Surprise, my top, top cardmaking paper de jour. Oh everything apart from the glitter letters from Making Memories and the Bazzill scallop made with the threading water punch that sleeps under my pillow every night.

Then on Monday I was able to do a concentrated spell of card making - I need to get some stock made for the Church fair in November. A church friend called Jill came round to help for some of it. I was also assisted by the challenge on Just Bex to make cards and layouts using white space. It was like remembering a style of cards I don't really do any more!

So here are the 17 I made
and a few in close up
the papers are all Basic Grey Boxer. The button I bought from Button It at Alexandra Palace
These two both use a stamp set also picked up at AP - by Impression Obsession . I looked at this set last time I went to AP 18 months ago and am glad I succumbed this time. I can't remember the stall name and nothing comes up on google but you can drool over Spring Squares and other gorgeous sets by the same company here.
I used various inks on the cards and manage to stamp beautifully almost every time!

I'm itching to scrap but need to be disciplined about card making or the stall will be empty. May even put some in cello bags tonight!

6 comments:

Esther said...

Stunning butterfly!!! love what you have done with it :)

Hazel said...

Love the card you did for Sue - I'm sure she was thrilled with it. All the white space cards are great - love those little square stamps.

Rachel said...

Oh nice cards - love the last ones stamp really nice!

As to cello bagging - can't you recruit from the hoards- I hate that job

Rachel

Anice said...

Great birthday cards. I just adore your style I wish mine was more like it but then I'd just be copying..not a bad idea!! xx
Anice xx

lisa said...

I LOVE those scenic route cards Lythan. lis x

craft mad Jenny said...

such great cards - they're all fantastic!