Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not the one it should be

today I should be revealing my Salt layout of the fortnight.
But having been a bit pants this week I am behind and so will have to do a two hander tomorrow.
I think I have the tail end of a virus in my system which, when I get run down leaves me a bit feak and weeble. Either that or I am just a big wuss.
I did have short bursts of feeling a little better when - oh the irony - I made some get well cards as that is what I am low on! I am heaps better today, phew! can't afford the time to be sicky.

The Funky Hand gang (sounds like a rap group) have been doing an image swap so I have been rediscovering the delights of colouring in. these were done with distress inks but I have also been using my Prismas whilst watching tv so expect to see more cards with images on soon. I finally traipsed up to the Post Office to send mine off tonight. Only he had closed early with computer problems again. Hm. PO'd is exactly what I am!

OK back to cards. Exhibit A
Penny Black stamp, tall card, Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6 paper, brown grosgrain ribbon, Doodlebug furry brads; Purple Onion sentiment and letter stickers whose name I can't recall just now.

And "B" is also Penny Black. I still can't decide whether sky is better or not with these stamps. What is hard to see is that I cut out the image with a Nestie and round the edge, closer in than the black line there is a little embossed line which looks v. posh. Papers all Offbeat 12x12 with a bit of doodling. Sentiment is hand written.

Lastly
PB again. With Nestie frame, BG Urban Prairie 6x6 papers and some cut e black pearly which I think are straighter in real life!

Must catch up with some work now... and finish my layout :(

4 comments:

Kathy said...

awww Lythan, sorru to hear you've been poorly - hope you're feeling perkier soon.

You've still managed to make some fab, cute cards though.

Hazel said...

Hope you'll be feeling back to normal soon - you've still produced fab crafting. x

Kath Stewart said...

wow Lythan....love what you have done with your images...you need to keep some in reserve and come join us at PBSC...hope you are feeling better soon...Take Care
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Anice said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather..get well soon.
The image cards have come out fab!

I like the idea of the Funky Hand Gang being a rap group..maybe that will be our next thing to do! Lets hit the charts!!
Anice xx