Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day by day

Day by day
Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day

We used to have to say the prayer once a week at school but I prefer singing it a la Godspell. I can remember words much better if they are set to music! Its what I was thinking of when I set to the challenge for Salt this week.
Extraordinarily Tanis hadn't read what I had posted as my reflection the week before but to me at least they seem to be in a natural progression. It is not the first time this has happened on the Salt blog and I think it shows the power of the Holy Spirit at work. Tanis challenged us to think about spending time with God Daily.

Because I wrote so much last week about the "brand new start each day" I wanted to keep the writing for the layout pretty simple. I had a fun posing session with Carys (although the sun was going down rapidly as we did it) and printed out 7 just about passport sized photos. The backing paper is Pink Paislee Office Lingo.

Down the side I stamped some Stamps Away days of the week. I have had this stamp for about 3 years and have NEVER used it before. I tried the Monday out first on scrap paper - perfect. The I inked it again and stamped it direct on the page. Rubbish. But then I decided I quite liked it like that so I then deliberately stamped it with various amounts of ink so that sometimes the letters are faded. When I spent a lot of time inking the results were really good so it is deffo me and not the stamps that are the issue!

The other papers are all brand new Basic Grey Origins. Scrumptious! Expect to see a lot more of this line particularly as I used some Christmas money to splurge on the chipboard shapes which are awesome. I used one of the frames for the title, backed with BG paper from the 6x6 pad and those MM tiny alpha stickers which I love so
I stuck a few more embellishments onfrom Chatterbox and my stash. The crochet flower was far too white so I added some yellow ink which looks nicer in real life than in the close up! The paper underneath was cut with pinking scissors which I haven't used for ages. Expect to see a lot more of them as I love the look.
And then I simply added a verse from Psalm 96.

I've done a few more pages this week...
the first was based on this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch but not finished in time to be linked up!
I really am going retro and trying to use up old stuff as well as buy new!
The papers and letter stickers are all Scenic Route Laurel. The crumpled piece was acually yellow but I used a magenta Glimmer Mist on in and crumpled it. You can still just see the dots if you look carefully! The scallop is Bazzill. I cut the butterfly off an old t-shirt of Carys' about 3 years ago and kept it. In fact, I used a flower from the same shirt for Daring card in 2007
(the cahrity begins at home dare!). I just couldn't get the elements to work together until I decided to cut the edge of the butterfly. Result!
Other things used: flower from stash; craftwork cards candy; smooch gold ink; crafty templates pink lace; Bazzil cardstock

And then the first chronological layout for the day trip to France. The layout was based on Pencil Lines sketch 169

Glimmer misted cardstock (yes a new colour!) October Afternoon, Basic Grey and WRMK papers;Scallop scissors and Martha Stewart border punch; Chatterbox acrylic heart, quickutz heart on cream glitter and tiny heart button from stash. Adornit and other letter stickers bought from Scrapshed; Rangers stickles in platinum.

The new Funky Hand CD is on Ideal World Friday 22nd Jan 2pm and my samples have finally arrived so I will show them as well as my Daring card for the week tomorrow

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all so wonderful Lythan!! The pictures and LO are so great for the challenge! :)

Kim said...

Stunning layout Lythan! How I adore your scrapbook pages...they are a treat for the eyes!

Hazel said...

Yes, we did have similar ideas for the Salt LO - love the photos you've used - and so much creative detail too x

Kathy said...

Fab LOs, Lythan, all so different and all so clever