Thursday, February 25, 2010

Big smiles!



that has made my day - thanks Sketchy gang :)

and is a great excuse to show two more layouts - the last and the first...
the last of my day trip to France layouts
Now this is from a Studio Calico sketch and I was really quite lazy and didn't change it much at all! The papers are Basic Grey Cupcake (that I bought for a song at Alexandra Palace). The scallop trim is a Nestabilities border die. When I bought it I was a bit disappointed with it as there was a lot less die cut in it. But this time I swooshed distress ink in the swirls and I LOVE the effect. I used all my Martha Stewart butterfly dies and a little piece of grungeboard. The letters are white velvety Doodlebug ones.
I can't believe we packed so much into one day (even if it started at 5:30am and ended at 11pm)

And then there is this one

another Studio Calico sketch (find them on their wonderful blog). Papers are October Afternoon County Fair range. I also added a few bits from a KandCo accessories box and some Cosmo Cricket letters.
Its DCM day tomorrow so tune in again then!

3 comments:

SueH said...

Congratulations on the award Lythan.
I’m not surprised you one of their faves, its well deserved.

Love the two LO’s, especially the last one……..it’s a little different for you!

Sue

Unknown said...

Congratulations, your LOs are great. I might have to go check out the sketches at Studio Calico.

Lydia said...

Love this, great layout, the die cut looks awesome!