Saturday, June 05, 2010

Good Day Swansea

We have been away for half term to Swansea and the weather was wonderful. It is always a bt hit and miss - you want green rolling hills, you need rain, but it was balmy just about the whole time. We went on a long walk which happened to have Verdis in the middle on Bank Holiday Monday. We visited a bookshop on Tuesday. Some of us had a stroll along a lovely little river on Wednesday with one of us visiting that again early on Thursday. And all of us braved the "Park of Doom" (so called because two seperate visits ended in trips to A&E) where some of us got to ride in Dragons and Swans and most played crazy olf with no-one getting cross and we all ended up at Joes Icecream Parlour. Which is better - Verdis or Joes? There's only one way to find out - eat more of both!
A lot of games of Bananagram were played and Dad put some old photos of me on CD which everyone found hysterical. I was a fat baby. No really I was. Here is one when I was beginning to lose the chub on March 1 1968 when we were living in Clapham. I was then cute for a few years. Sadly it didn't last. Still, lots of scrapping potential!

Home yesterday for a double dose of Movie Night - Monsters vs Aliens (loved it) and Mummy 2 (OK but the kids loved it but blamed the script writers for making the young lad say some inappropriate things!)

All of which meant I haven't posted about my Get Funky card this month. The theme chosen by Allison is brown, pink and cream (yum!) and I used Funky Seasons again. I love going back over the old Funky Hand CD's and reminding myself of all the gorgeous colourways. But then I can't wait to get the new CD either! Here is my card
Lots of layering up and inking of edges going on. Inking means you can pile on the patterns!
Also used
  • Fiskars border punch
  • Purple Onion sentiment stamp (its in two halves and I am happy to have found "Happy" again after about 2 years!
  • Nestabilities circles
  • Stampin Up bird punch. Love it so much!

Today Phil and I have tramped the streets of London looking for Elephants - I'll post more about that soon!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

ohhhhhh Lythan, what a little cutie you were! You look like a little Welsh costume doll I used to have.

Love the FH card, so happy you've found your happy!

Alex said...

Love the card and inked up edges :) The papers are lovely too!

Thanks for sharing,

Alex x