Friday, February 04, 2011

Tonight I'm going to be legally blonde

Ok actually tonightI am going to see Legally Blonde and remain officially brown with some grey bits coming in. (I've decided to see how going grey goes. if I like it I'm going to leave it. If I just see an old lady well, maybe I'll end up blonde after all!) Carys and I are taking advantage of Get Into London Theatre and having a girly night out. Which I hope will be as succesful as our girly shopping day last week. (We had a lot of fun. She tried on dresses and I drooled over Fenn Wright and Manson which is absolutely out of my price league but I am sure I would look adorable in all of their stuff. We bought... six pairs of tights for school between us).

So today will be mostly taken up with Service preparation time. This week the Bible reading is about being Salt and Light. Which means I can use my most favourite passage from the Message
"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. 16 Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand - shine!


Isn't that a lovely image?
And for more lovely images of a different kind, pop over to Daring Cardmakers this week. As it is the first Friday in February (eeeep! where does the time go), it is the time for a flower of the month. There is a choice of Feb - voilets or primroses. I decided to go with violets - but not to take it too literally.
The papers are from Kaisercraft. I bought them to use in my Doniford Bay scrap album because I noticed how many of us had purple clothes. And then I didn't use them. They are double sided with plainish on one side and patterned on the other. Nice! The flowers are made with a Sizzix die - the lazy persons way of making the flowers. Using felt means that this has to be a hand delivered card as the flowers turn out BIG!

Materials: Cardstock: Craft Creations; Papers: Kaisercraft; Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug; Felt: Hobbycraft; Dies: Sizzix, Tim Holtz and Nestabilities; Trim: Ribbon Girl; Stamps: Imagine That;
Inks: Memento; Glitter: Stickles

My crafting plans for the weekend are to finish off my Christmas present canvases that have been sulking in the corner and also take a chunk out of making my sister in law's Wedding Invitations. Scary - but exciting! I also have worship; Elders meeting; Bereavement course advertisments; Craft club and various other bits and bobs to do before I can play so better get on...

5 comments:

Jo said...

I love those papers (and nearly used them!) Your flowers are beautiful - a gorgeous card :D

jo x

Lynda said...

It's a beautiful card Lythan - those flowers are fabulous!

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Lythan - those felt roses look amazing.
Hope you had a great time at the theatre and enjoy all you've planned for the weekend

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card lythan...love how the purple really pop off the card..hope you are well...big hugs kath xxx

MagsB said...

I love those felt flowers! They look so glamorous!

And isn't 'The Message' great? I use it with my Sunday School kids (aged 10 - 14) and it really speaks to them.

luv, Mags x