Friday, August 12, 2011

Its oh so kawaii-et

Which weak pun enables me to link to one of my favourite music videos as well as introduce my Daring Cardmaker challenge for this week. Bjork is bright, loud and bonkers which I think sums up Kawaii style too! Leo - who came up with this ingenious dare also points us to this blog for more Linkabout kawaii.

So here's my card. I was lucky to walk past a shop chock full of Chinese and Japanese bits and bobs and after hours of indecision over what to buy I plumped for a set of little owls and some spotty tapes.
I thought to myself "if only I had some sassafrass papers as that would be just right" and then remembered that in my stash of old Self Addressed kit I had some. Score! I didn't have any sunray papers so made it by chopping up some green spotty paper and adding it to green Bazzill bling. I also used Imagine That stamps, Nestability dies, Prima pearls and my trust sharpie pen.

Here are two more recent layouts
This one was heavily influenced by the awesome Louise Nelson who uses loads of paint, handmade papers and white pen. Expect to see more in this style as it is a lot of fun.
And yet another wedding layout...
This was inspired by another amazing scrapper Karen Grunberg I loved the strip of stickers or ribbons down the left hand side of her layout and thought I would give it a try. I ran the ribbons through my little xyron refill and they were super easy to attach to the layout (my top tip. Don't use the "x" style machine as you get loads more use from just feeding bits through the refill) Papers and stickers are all For the Record.

Its been quite a week in Britain. One that can leave you saying "huh?" and "why". It has also left me with some hope as I see so many people responding positively and trying to work out seriously and sensibly what to do to stop this kind of rioting happening again. I was quite surprised to really appreciate Russell Brand's heartfelt (if sometimes flowery) ponderings which will feature in my sermon on Sunday!

5 comments:

MagsB said...

LOVE the kawaii card! The colours are beautiful and the image is (of course!) so cute!

The layouts are so good, too, very sophisticated!

I'm praying for something good to come out of this last week, too. It's hard to realise that God is working through even these awful events, but He is!

Have a good weekend - luv, Mags x

Victoria said...

The background of your kawaii card is amazing - I love the patterns and how it draws the whole card together. Wow!

Sue said...

love the LO's so different one all 'clean lines' and one full of texture - very clever Lythan xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Lythan - the colours and patterns are just perfect for this theme and how cute is that owl? Very clever to create your own sunray paper too. Sharon x

Samm said...

Gorgeous card and amazing layout, I just love Sassafras, perfect!

Samm
x