Friday, October 07, 2011

So now what?

to go on holiday I loaded a vast number of books onto my Kindle. (ahh I love my Kindle so. Although I still catch myself trying to turn a page every now and then) The thought of being without a book to read leaves me in a cold sweat so it was lovely to know that I would not run out. I was excited to read the Games of Thrones books. And I read and read and read and .... they are all pretty long you know. So today, finally, I finished book 5. And George R. R. Martin is a cruel author - he leaves you (almost literally) on a knife edge with loads more to be resolved. I feel a bit bereft having got to the end. And I suspect it will be years until the next one. They are great books, I reccommend them. It might help to print out a list of who is who so you can reference it - or be prepared to read a few pages of a chapter until you remember who is related to whom as the chapters skip to different countries. And be prepared for characters you love to DIE. Hywel (who managed to read all 5 in 3 weeks) laughed at one point when I wailed outloud at something unexpectedly sad and cruel.
So now I have started "The brightest star in the sky"by Marian Keyes. Which will cheer me up when I am pining for the Seven Kingdoms.


Here is another Tenby holiday layout. we went to an aquarium/vivarium in a former church - which still had a graveyard and looked very much like a church from the outside. It was very well put together though with lots to see including the rather lovely blue frogs. I was less enamoured by the snakes. Mind you I was listening to an Audio Book at the time featuring lots of creepy snakes which didn't help. Look at how blue the sky was - no doctoring happened with the photo. We just had lots of amazingly good weather.

The sketch is a Shimelle one . I played it pretty straight really using some new Studio Calico opaque white mist to start me off and a selection of buttons down the side (sewn in and everything). I felt that the journalling was a little bit too low down so added some white dots at the top to balance things out a little. All the papers are MME and the letters are Doodlebug, Making Memories and Adornit. The ribbon is via Imagine That - Kaisercraft I think. It is fab as it comes in rows that are 3 deep and you can ink them or leave them bare like I did here.
Here are closeups of the words



For some reason I did some cursive writing. I wish we were taught proper cursive in the UK. This is the best I've done so far.

Tomorrow I will be trying to run for 20 minutes straight for the first time which hopefully will inspire the evening service sermon slot - it will be about Euodia and Syntyche - two women who are arguing in Phillipians 4 and ideas abuot how to help them out. I am thinking of writing some letters from them but might also bring in something that I've learned from the pygmies. Hmmm its is not all quite there yet!

3 comments:

Sue said...

love the page Lythan

Hope you managed your 20 mins sounds worse than it actually is xxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

you have such lovely writing - I always love your handwritten journalling. I love those buttons too - gorgeous colours.

Unknown said...

Fab LO and such beautiful handwriting!