Monday, April 16, 2012

The tale of the slow scrapper

Well this weekend Shimelle has run an online crop. "Great" I thought "its a weekend off and apart from Alexandra Palace on Sunday I am free so I can really get stuck in and do this". Then I woke on Saturday feeling really, really rough. (Poor Phil was worse). So I had a morning lying down and reading until I felt better again (and finished my book - a Matthew Shardlake historical mystery which was fab). I managed a little scrapping in the evening but for my whole weekend I only have two layouts to show :(
I did buy quite a few dies and masks yesterday so they may appear in work soon)

 So I started at the beginning ("which is a very good place to start"). I knew I had some similar paper and added some clouds and stickers and blobs a la Jaime for Challenge 1
 Here is a close up of the mystery sticker - and you can just see that I dry embossed the tag I used
 and here is the blurb. I found these little phrases as part of the Echo Park For the Record papers and cut some out that echoed the mystery of the photo. Apart form the one that says"write it down" which is a reminder to, well, write down what a photo is all about before you forget
Papers are Echo Park and Bo Bunny. Stickers Echo Park; Punches EK Success; Dies: Nestabilities; spray: Studio Calico; letters: American Crafts: Pearls: Mei crafts
Can you believe that baby will soon be 16? or that I was about 32 in that photo?
And on to challenge 2


 This took forever as I kept changing my mind on how it looked. I had to ditch one photo as there just wasn't room without covering up the butterflies. I wish i hadn't done the butterflies to be honest. There are actually silver, pink, gold and white sprays on this page and the papers are from My Minds Eye; Echo Park and Crate Paper. The sprayed butterfly is Prima, as are the lovely yellow flowers. The letters are cut using Dienamics dies or are making Memories/Cosmo Cricket. Here is the blurb and yes, I have spelt "stile" wrong. It was wrong in the title but I noticed in time to change it. And then wrote it wrong again!
Today Phil and I have been decluttering madly. He has taken two large loads to the dump and I have taken a car load (literally) to the Cancer Research Warehouse. This does mean I can have an afternoon of crafting. Only another 14 challenges to go!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I LOVE the butterflies! I'm glad you kept working and didn't give up. Really beautiful pages!! And I hope you're feeling better today! :-)

Shonie said...

I love the butterflies and the pink letters! So cute!