Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sheesh

Once more I am dusting off the cobwebs of my blog. Sorry trusty (few) readers but sometimes life (and holidays) gets in the way.

So what have I been doing?
I've been to Swansea to visit my family (and St Fagans - best museum ever according to me, but not necessarily the English part of the family. But as you only pay for parking @£3.50 it is a bargain so there) and see my lovely friends (hi Sam and Sue) and go to Sosban with the family to celebrate my MA
with a champagne/raspberry coulis cocktail. Even with 5 of us there it was a lot cheaper than the Graduation would have been and more fun. Expect scrapping of this grainy phone photo when I have recovered from Christmas stuff.

I've been adding pages to the Quirky Kits inspiration blog and even making a few cards. Two were given to special people this week. One, which fits with the Daring Card challenge this week, may need a little explanation.
Jo asked us to use a camera, photo or frame on our cards and as a friend needed congratulating on a new job I went for this

Its not a promotion as such so I decided to write "something to crow about?" on the inside (nothing to do with how fiddly all those letter stickers or stamps would have been...) I used a mixture of Echo Park and MME papers. Phil took this fab photo at St Fagans. I did make the mistake of printing it 6x4 so it had to be quite a large card! The stickers are also Echo Park For the Record, for the record (ha!)

Another friend reached a milestone birthday so received this
I decided to go for subtle!
All papers from a MME 6x6 pad and the chipboard letters are American Crafts. As I was handing it over in person I went mad with the foam pad layers. Bliss!

Now, cover me as I am going in with my very first Christmas cards of the year. And I need quite a lot very soon....

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Lovely cards & very appreciated and St Fagan's is defo the best museum ever! x

Jo said...

I love St. Fagins - and love Phil's photo :) gorgeous cards - the glitter on the 50th is lucious :D

jo xx