Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hey, hey

we're the monkeys, people say we monkey around.

There have been a few monkeys around our house. The teenagers were asked to decorate the trees last night while we were out singing carols in a pub (its a hard life). I had been feeling a bit down because we used to have a mahoosive sitting room and so could have a ginormous Christmas tree (one of our regular splurges). But now we have a maybe slightly smaller than most sitting room and I was moaning that we couldn't haaaaaaaaave a real treeeeeee (not that I get over dramatic or anything). Then, at the same time, (yes, we have been married that long that we have synchronised ideas) Phil and I both thought that although we have a smaller sitting room we now have an extra downstairs room so maybe we could have two real trees. So we bought two smaller trees from our local nursery which was cheaper for two than one was in Upminster. Yay!

Anyway, there were still too many decorations so every knob and handle and vaguely hook shaped thing also has a decoration on it. Exhibits A, B and C


and perhaps the thing that made me laugh the most
Exhibit D


As it 'Tis The Season, my life has been pretty full on and finding time to make AND photograph AND blog a Daring Card has been in short supply. But finally all three are ticked off
Samm came up with a fab dare -   Monkeying Around


aaaand there is also a prize from the Ribbon Reel on offer (see the blog for details).

Here is my card


a linen effect card base from Craft Creations; Bazzill card stock; MME Lime Twist papers; Imagine That stamp; Cuttlebug dies.
Oh how I love the little monkey! He is cut from funky foam with cardstock layered on top for the branch.
initially I did his eyes with Ranger enamel accents as per his belly button but it all went horribly wrong and he looked like he was a masked monkey. Fortunately it peeled off and I was able to add two flat backed pearls instead!

And here are some more journal pages...


Now all filled in. Although it turns out that what I planned and wrote for Day 15 should actually have been saved for Day 19. There was more of the story of the birth of John the Baptist than I thought. Ah well. Shame as it is one of my fave pages (the wing is a Tim Holtz embossing folder, covered with gold ink and cut out)

I'm really enjoying it but now is crunch time as I don't really have capacity for the art side of it. Maybe less time reading blogs would help?

In all your busyness and last minute panics I do hope you find moments of peace and joy - and allow yourself a little time for just monkeying around!


2 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

ooh that monkey is so sweet! I really like the branch too, it's a lovely design x

Stephanie said...

I love the decorations everywhere! Gorgeous monkey card, such fun! x