Friday, June 20, 2014

Card a doodle doo!

This week on Daring Cardmakers the wonderful Leo asked us to get all doodly
Here is my card
 This card came about kind of backwards. I decided to paint in some tulips and just used paint, without outlining first. There were only going to be three to start with but then I got carried away. I had fun experimenting with my dye watercolour paints. I have the set here although mine don't look quite so childish in terms of packaging! I only used two colours for the tulips - and mostly just one really, simply varying the amount of water I added each time.I did use watercolour card to paint on.
Then I painted in some stems.
When they were dry I used a thin water brush pen to add the sentiment, using the black dye ink from the same set.
A wash of blue round the edge and I was done.
Only it didn't seem that doodly so I added the swirls and stripes and outlined with black pen after all!
A backing paper in green and a tiny strip of black white stripe paper and job done.
Well apart from the must use at the moment black gems to fill in some of the space!

No comments: