Friday, March 25, 2011

Life can only go faster...

(sung to the D:ream tune)

Yes, every time I think I have some time it gets eaten away. Sometimes because I procrastinate. But I do learn an awful lot from the Internet and some of it is even useful...

This week I made some canvasses like the Christmas presents for mum and mum-in-law for Mother's Day. Mum has had hers as she and Dad were here for a few days while she attended a meeting in London. we are a convenient stopping off point which means she isn't so weary from travelling and we get to see each other. That is the problem with full diaries and living far apart (about 4 hours drive and can be more. Was once remarkably 3 and a half and I still don't understand how I did it!)

And I have made some samples for a card class at Imagine That - I'll show them when the next brochure is printed. My Minds Eye Stella and Rose is a fabulous range of papers!

So all I have to show is my Daring Card this week and a few others I have made to add to the pile I need for birthdays etc. Kathy set us quite a tough dare (in my opinion) - the Book Club where we were to take our inspiration from books. I thought about bookworms which led me to one of my fave kid's books. Funnily enough Nat put the iconic image on her blog last night but I had already started the card - honest!
It didn't actually work as well as I had hoped. The background sun is taken from another page of the book
The papers are all Crate Paper - mostly brook and a little of the cowgirl for the head. "Happy" is stamped with Banana Frog stamps. I added proper eyes and a smile as mine looked rather ghostly. Or was that because I was listening to "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" while I made the card.

Here are a few more cards using up my old Crate Papers. I love them so but it is satisfying to empty paper folders!

I have a busy weekend but then a rather leisurely Monday. I am hoping that the copy of the BBC Pride and Prejudice I ahve ordered arrives tomorrow so I can introduce Carys to the joys of Colin Firth being broody. Things can only get better...

6 comments:

Rika said...

Ooh, My DD loved this book when she was a little girl! :)

Kathy said...

ohhhh I LOVE the Very Hungry Caterpillar! and I love how you've made your card - sorry for giving you all a tricky 'un this week - if it's any consolation it was tricky for me too hehehe

The Crate cards are fab - how good you are to use all those lovely things up

Lynda said...

I love your caterpillar card - this was certainly a favourite of the kids when I worked as an assistant in our local school. Love the quote you've put on it too with your gorgeous handwriting.

Love Lynda xxx

Jo said...

What a fantastic caterpillar! I loved this book and Jared loves it now! It turned out brilliantly!

jo x

wendyp said...

love your catepillar!! very creative!

Natty said...

I love the hungry caterpillar, think her turned out fabulously... I wish the caterpillars in my garden looked half as nice!
Hope you're enjoying Pride and Prejudice... I've just got a book out from the library that is supposed to tell Lydia's tale post-P&P... not got round to reading it yet, but it's on the list.
I do feel the need to rewatch the most recent adaptation of Emma again - just love it.