Friday, March 18, 2011

Who is the Time Theif?

Two weeks since I last blogged. I feel so bad...
Sometimes my life is just a bit complicated. Being a Minister can mean some funny working hours and situations that leave you surprisingly drained. Its not like being a doctor or a miner but it is one of those roles that can take up all of you if you are not careful. Which is why I have hobbies (we are seriously encouraged to have them!) and I try to keep up being creative even if I don't blog. But i know how frustrating it is if you follow a blog and it goes a bit dormant so sorry for that.

There is a fair bit I could show you but its another packed weekend ahead so I have to get down to proper work as soon as I can so this is the bare catch up.
I missed posting my last Daring card - perhaps because I didn't like it?
Anyway the Dare was great - to add homemade embellishments to your card. I do that all the time so super easy right? Well the muse didn't really strike so I ended up with a layered flower that I wasn't totally happy with. However the other examples by the team are gorgeous so if you haven't loooked at them - go and admire right now!
Details: Crate Paper Pink Plum papers; hand stitching; Sizzix and Nestabilities dies; Imagine That stamp; Fiskars border punch; WRMK corner chomper; Vintage Photo distress ink; Prima brad

This week Jo asked us to use stamps - not the rubber variety! I was stumped for a while until I remembered that my Cuttlebug came with a stamp die and embossing folders.
Details: Crate Paper Samantha Papers (finally finished them. Yay!); Nestabilities and papertreycuttlebug die and folders; Black Soot and Barn Door distress inks; Sizzix and thin black pen Ink dies; Scenic Route stamp; zigzag scissors;

And finally Salt for this week. Hazel gave us the theme of trust. I wanted to express my bewilderment about events that are happening - both personal and global that seem so unfair and incomprehensible. All I can do is trust in god and put my life - and those of others into his hands.
The photo is from Free extras - a good source of photos. There is a lot of inking, spraying and covering up mistakes! The papers are lovely Basic Grey urban couture. I'm working through my old Crate papers (as you can tell) I think Basic Grey may need to be next!

Details: Pink Paislee and Basic Grey papers; Martha Stewart punch (to create ruffle); Nestability and Sizzix dies (Sizzix to create letter masks); Caramel apple glimmer mists; Wild Honey and Vintage photo distress inks.

Here is a close up of the Bible quote
and my reflections on trust
H comes home tomorrow for an almost 2 week break (he is going back early to avoid Friday prices and weekend trains). It will be lovely to see him.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

I loved your layered flower last week and the card is beautiful and this week's card is just brilliant - I've got a full sheet of that paper and keep skipping past it as I think its a difficult one to use - you've had no problem lol. Your layout is as stunning as ever and I think you should turn your handwriting into a saleable font - I love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Hazel said...

The handmade flower is gorgeous - love both cards. And I was really taken with your LO for my trust challenge - with global events as they are atm it is the heartfelt reaction of so many of us x

Jo said...

Love both the cards and the layout and as Lynda said, your handwriting is beautiful. Thanks for joining in my dare this week - I think I chose it as my rubber stamping is poor!

jo x

p.s. The time thief visits here too. I think maybe he or she travels with the sock gremlin who also travels these parts.

artfulstampin said...

Lovely response to the theme. he sovereignty of God is such a hard thing to grasp in the face of such suffering. We must keep looking to Jesus - our HOPE.

Kathy said...

I love both cards and the LO is fab