Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One of those days

when I am not really settling to anything and there is lots I should do.
Oh well.
I am going to divert myself with a quick blog post and then see if I can do something constructive with my time.

I had a fab day with Sue H going round Alexandra Palace on Saturday. I say day but we get there early and were shopped out by 2 which left me loads of time to visit and work the rest of the day. Here is my haul
I didn't get any bargains but did get some things I was looking for, a couple of treats and even something for Phil - the purple prayer paper that is like the material used in floating lanterns. I was her very first customer!

I managed a card making and scrapping time yesterday. Here is the layout first.
It was made with one of my prepacked kits which was actually made up mostly of a Gotta Craft kit featuring Glitz Designs. It is based on Shimelle's sketch but kind of went its own way!
I reinked my Black Soot distress ink pad but obviously overdid it as I was getting ink everywhere. In the end I gave up and addded extra "grime" to the background. The problem with being left handed is somehow you often end up putting smudges on stuff. But perhaps it is just me! The awesome photo is by Phil and taken at the end of March when he dropped H off at Uni. The month thing is a transparency and I painted the back and added it to paper for added visibility.

Here is the blurb
and an arty detail
I also made two cards using left over scraps of Bella Blvd papers.

(I think the green is another company though). Also used Fiskars and Martha Stewart punches, nestabilities, IMagine That stamp and white Candi
If in doubt, use a star die, that's what I always say. This card features my new Martha Stewart punches and some papermania brads. everything else as above.

OK off to mope about and try and think about Palm Sunday now. Or tidy up. Or something

2 comments:

Tip Top said...

Amazing photo! Only ever seen the Angel from the motorway!

Lisa-Jane said...

I love your take on Shimelle's sketch! Great colours and embellishments, marvellous all over.