Thursday, May 12, 2011

Time

As Dr Who said in the best episode ever "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff"
and that is how I feel today.

I had time to blog earlier but Blogger decided it was time for an upgrade and went offline. Still, got some work done.
Its my 5th blogaversary today. 5 years of recording (mostly once a week I'm sad to say) my craft and a little of my life and my faith.
Me then
Me now
Shorter hair (its been up and down), same glasses, more wrinkles (you just can't see them on this touched up photo ha, ha). About the same weight and stuff. A few more grey hairs (bring it on). Same job - though it is changing and growing. 4/5 of an MA done. Children gone from being on the cusp of teenager to on the cusp of adulthood.
Ooh enough introspection - makes me feel a bit funny!

Time is the name of the challenge at Salt this week.
And Time is also the name of the last Salt challenge as we have decided to call time on the blog for a whole host of reasons. (Time being one of them!). I shall miss the deadlines and the challenges but I am prayerfully considering how to continue scrapping my faith

Here's my layout. The photo is of Hywel aged about 1 in our garden in Hartlepool
Once more I used MME Stella and Rose papers as the colours were such a good match! I quoted some of Ecclesiastes round the edge of the circle and here is my short reflection on it
Other details: Cardstock: Bazzill kraft; Punch: Martha Stewart; Die:Nestability Label 1, large circle; embellishments: Clock from Costco kit, buttons from Nikki Sivils, pearls by Prima. Letters: Chipboard Maya Road, Cosmo Cricket stickers; Paint: white dabber; White pen: uniball signo

Over the next few days if I have some blogging time (hah!) I shall put together a little display of some of my favourite layouts from Salt.
Saltinies - thanks for the care, prayer and inspiration - I shall miss you and the blog so much!

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Such a fab LO (as always) - I will miss seeing your Salt LOs but will still be watching for your creativity. Happy blogversary! What good idea to put together some of your favourite LOs for Salt - I might well do that as well. x

SueH said...

Has it really been five years Lythan, I can’t believe it!
I wouldn’t say you’ve changed at all over that time, other than your talent for craft has grown in leaps and bounds.
Here’s to the next five!
I’m sorry to hear that SALT is coming to an end. I know it wasn’t something that I took part in but I loved seeing your LO’s.
Sue
x

artfulstampin said...

What a lovely layout. And a great idea to do a Salt showcase!!!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

You don't look a bit older. I love the layout, especially the white distressing on the kraft colour background, really effective.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Congrats on five years of blogging. Love the style of your LO and the faded paint effect.

Jo said...

Happy belated blogaversary - Both the photos of you are fab :)

jo x

ps Blink was a fab episode, possibly the only one that scared the children although Jared did have a little wobble during Saturday's episode...