Friday, May 06, 2011

Took a break

We had a wonderful (but too short) break at my Mother-in-Law's house for the second Bank Holiday weekend. It was too short because of school's not understanding that Minister's need a full week's holiday after Easter and the kids went back to school for three days (humph). Still we packed a lot in, We spent the weekend wedding watching (me and C - we made the effort too)walking, shopping, looking at New Forest ponies, taking arty shots (phil), marvelling at how close the Isle of Wight and the sea are to MiL's house (both these are taken from the beach) and relaxing. But life has gone back to mad since then!

So I have not had a chance to either blog or craft much. I've done two layouts which I will share anon but here is my Daring card for this week
It is the first Friday of May so it is a flower of the month - lily of the valley. I decided to simply be inspired by the colours and as I had to do a Diamond wedding card combined the two challenges. The colour isn't true - it was very dark this morning so I have had to overexpose a little, hence the close ups following. I wanted diamond patterns, green, white and sparkles and threw a few paper roses in too for effect

Details: Cardstock and white card: Craft Creations; Patterned paper: MME Stella and Rose; Border Punch: EK Success; Flowers: Wild Orchid Craft; Dies: Sizzix Lollipop and Nestabilities; Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug; Glitter: Glue Pen and Glamour Dust; White Dots: Rangers Enamel Accents

I added glitter to the edges of the embossed card with tape and Glamour Dust
The numbers are die cut patterned paper embossed and glittered
The flowers and the punched border also got the glitter treatment!

Phew. need another break now!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

These colours are perfect for a Lily of the Valley inspired card. I love the idea of using diamond patterned paper for a Diamond Wedding card. Glad you enjoyed your break even if it was a bit short - how lucky your MIL is to live there.

Sandy O said...

WOW, this is stunning. I love the bling you added and the color choice is so pretty.

Lynda said...

A very pretty card Lythan it's lovely and fresh with the greens and white.

Love Lynda xxx

artfulstampin said...

Such a pretty card! We dressed up too for the Royal wedding! It was such fun!!!

Zuzana Obert said...

Fantastic card! Gorgeous layout and colours too. Excellent work!

Love Zuzana x x

SueH said...

Don’t the two of you look gorgeous sitting there, I bet to had a wonderful time together watching the wedding.
You know, it has to be said, your head gear looks a lot better than that of the princesses Beatrice and Eugenie!

The photos of your break are lovely, you don’t realise just how close the Isle of White is, do you?

I’m going to be in that neck of the woods myself very soon because I’m going to visit my aunt in Ferndown.

Have a great week.
Sue
x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love the subtle colour scheme - and what a clever idea to use tape round the edges with glamour dust - I shall be having a go with that idea myself!