Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just like buses...

Another post so soon?

Well I thought I would share the card that I made for the 90 year old and the wedding that I officiated at yesterday. Which went off lovely in the end despite me not confirming with the organist that we needed the bridal march so he didn't bring his copy. (He managed to find a one line version and put in all the harmony and pedals as he is a star). And the bride being half an hour late (apparently it was due to the vintage car). Just as well there was only the one wedding. And the sun actually shone which I am beginning to think is rare for South Devon.

This was quite simple but brave for me as I stamped directly onto the circle of woodgrain paper with two Scenic Route stamps. I added glitter around the circle and on the little punched hearts. The colours of the wedding were burgundy so I went for dark red/pink (don't have a lot of burgundy papers)  I've got another wedding in 2 weeks so I might make another one like this.
Cardstock: PTI; Papers: MMI; Martha Stewart punch; Nestabilities dies; WMS stamp; stick on gems.

Because I was handing this over I could go mad with big flowers and foam pads. Although it was a struggle to fit it in the envelope!
Cardstock: Craft Creations; Paper: Echo Park; Dies: Nestabilities and PTI and Dienamics; Stamps: Imagine That; lace and flowers from stash (I had to wipe the dust off the flowers!).

Last night was the tedious job of bagging up cards. I have about 60 birthday cards but had only two sympathy cards and 1 new home so made a few of those this afternoon ready for the church fair. I will offer a selection for sale I think! I have tidied up my desk ready for tomorrow's excitement. (I am so much tidier now I have a little craft space in the bedroom. I like to put everything away and it only takes 5 minutes!) (This only refers to my craft desk not my work desk. That is still pretty untidy) (You can't have everything).
Anyway the excitement is that I am guest designer for Quirky Kits again. How fabulous is that!
Here is the main kit I get to play with and this is the lite kit. I can't wait to spread it all out and decide what stories I am going to tell with all the goodies. The new hat? Reflecting on life here? Halloweens of old? My time as a semi Goth? The time I recorded backing vocals so was really with the (one man) band? we'll have to wait and see!
But I expect the new hat will have to feature!

1 comment:

Miri said...

This wedding card is lovely! So unusual, but so beautiful... and perfect for a young couple.