Friday, October 19, 2012

Mustn't grumble

But it is slightly irritating that at midnight you get an email saying there is free postage on a website that you placed an order on a few hours before. That's a whole 2.50 I could have saved.

Let's be positive instead. This week I have had lots of interesting conversations with people that could lead to positive developments in different ways. It is good to make connections with people that take you off into new directions. I read a book by Richard Wiseman about luck and he said that generally speaking it is more about having a wide network of people around you. The more connections you make, the luckier you seem to be. I don't think that can be applied to everything but it does make a lot of sense really.

So I will be happy.
It is good to count your blessings and try to find joy in life, even when there are stresses and strains. I am so blessed to live where I do now. In these last three months things have really not been all plain sailing but I never fail to be awestruck by the view from Babbacombe Downs just a few minutes from home. At night when it is clear the constellations over the sea just make me sing praise to God in my heart. And I have a fairly long commute to my other church, but I drive along the coast which looks amazing in every kind of weather (apart from mist when you can't see it at all!)

And I have a family at home who never fail to make me laugh and gently poke fun at me when I need it.
And a craft space with a sea view that is compact AND tidy. I love it.

Be happy - is the theme of Daring Cardmakers today. I knew what I wanted to do - use my Papertrey Ink die. So I did! And I didn't let the fact that sometimes I am annoyed that the phrase set does not include "birthday" get me down.

I used papers from the Echo Park Victoria Gardens 6x6 pad. The card would have been a lot quicker if I hadn't decided to outline each of the words but it did make them stand out a lot better. "Birthday" is from an Imagine That set

I am also happy - nay, ecstatic - that Leo has asked me to Guest Design for Quirky Kits again. My first post is here, which features my design process (ooh sounds posh) and the first of my layouts.
Mum and Dad on their Golden Wedding day (aw!). When I first saw the kit I thought that orange day of the week paper would be hard to use but I think it is the first paper I used up completely!

Now if I can crack on with service creation (it is Psalm 91 this week so we will look at being frightened and having the security of God's love. But its all age so I need to think of participative ideas. Hmmm) then I will also have time to clean the house
what am I saying
then I will have time to craft - which makes me happy!
Hope you find time today to count your blessings and do something that makes you happy too!

2 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Lythan, I really like that Papertrey die and it goes so well with the stamp. Love your layout too - I wouldn't know where to start with such a bright paper, but you've made it look so easy!

MagsB said...

Thank you, lovely, I needed to be reminded to count my blessings today.

I love your 'happy' card, it's so simple yet so punchy! What a lovely, sunny layout for your parents' Golden Wedding, too!

God bless you! I love your posts.

love Mags B x