Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oh my cabbages

as Carys would say.
Its Wednesday and I still haven't blogged. Mind you for a while today I thought it was Thursday so it isn't as bad as all that. Let's just say work/life balance isn't and move on shall we?

Last Friday's Daring Cardmaker challenge was to go Digital i.e. use digital papers and images as part of your card.
The Design Team were offered some digital items from Pink Petticoat
and I learned that if you receive a download into your inbox you actually have to download it onto your computer otherwise the link might expire and then you are in big trouble. So my cards are not exactly what I planned to do - but aren't too shabby either

This one is all Pink Petticoat. I love that mistletoe background, especially in that fresh green. I cut out a die cut polaroid frame using a Dienamics die. The red paper is from my stash. The snowflakes were punched and everything outlined with a Sharpie pen. I added some dimensional glitter too.
Here is a close up of the Distress ink coloured penguin
not perfect - but then that makes it more hand made!

The next card combines Pink Petticoat and Funky Hand. In my panic over not having the downloads I had to hit myself over the head and say "Self you used to be on the Funky Hand design team and have more digital gubbins on your computer than you could ever need". I then had a moment's pause - to remember the team and the awesome Anice with fondness and to rub my head as I did hit it quite hard. I then decided to challenge myself to use a Penguin on a non Christmas card.
 I used Funky Seasons papers which had an ATC paper sized option which was the perfect scale for this type of thing. I cut out squares with a Spellbinders die (yes a square punch would have been quicker but I gave my square punches to my former church card making group and factoring in 4.5 hours journey plus dragging someone from bed in order to let me into the church and punch some squares makes that option less of a viable one)
I then stuck the squares to white cardstock and die cut the middle with a circle die. I made a thin orange circle border (much more tricky than I expected) and also cut the image into a smaller circle. The patchwork piece is raised on thin foam pads for dimension. I added loads of Glamour Dust, a Clearly Besotted sentiment and various distress inks too

Finally another quick card from recent times. I have been experimenting with watercolours and proper watercolour paper and I made this
The Clearly Besotted flowers have outlines you can colour in, but the stem is a solid stamp. I brought the two together with a bit of doodled outline on both and really like the effect.

Right must go in a minute and make my card for this Friday. Who knows when I will blog it though (sorry everyone!)

1 comment:

Traceyr said...

Loving the outlining with the black Sharpie pen. And the colouring with the DI is fabulous.