Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Just So

And once more it is Tuesday before I can blog. Tuesday.
Well I guess I could have before but always think it will take longer than it does and then suddenly - whoosh!
To be fair - I have got a lot on my plate and this weekend was super busy with funerals and a CAP (Christians Against Poverty) financial education course and various kinds of church all day Sunday and having to work most of my day off on Monday.
But still...

So this morning is time off - but when I have finished this blog post it will involve the fun of household chores. (Much neglected household chores)

Alrighty then, lets go backwards. Last Friday's Daring Cardmakers challenge was set by the uber talented Nat who asked us to showcase Rosettes Galore
So we did!

My card is a normal A6 sized card, just so you can see that this is a small rosette. I bought the small rosette die because it was cheaper than the larger one! But it is very, very delicate and fiddly and to be honest this is the first time it has worked just about completely successfully and that is because I gave it far more tender loving care than it deserved.

Because I didn't think of outlining the frill before I turned it into a rosette, I didn't outline anything but I kind of regret it now as I think a bit of black might add something. There we are. Instead I added some pink liquid pearls. All the papers are Cosmo Cricket DeLovely, which have been in my stash for yonks. I had some in a kit and then won the whole line as a prize so I do have rather a lot of it. But it still looks pretty fresh in my opinion - or maybe it is that teal and pink are back in already!

The week before, our challenge theme was Harvest Festival - and I just haven't got round to blogging that one yet (oh the shame). My card has a fairly broad interpretation of the theme!
The papers used here are Cosmo Cricket Wanted which were some of the first 12x12 papers I ever bought. I have found the Circle Journal that I made using them in a blog post from March 2007!
I found these lovely leaves on the Silhouette site. There were three different patterns which I cut from the three woodgrain papers but them decided I liked the look of using identical ones best! A few extra layers, some berries (as harvest festival is more about fruit than leaves I know), some random dots (these and the red ones are glue yourself bargains from Sarahs Cards) and a Clearly Besotted stamp and 'twas done.
Close up of the layering
And now it is October which is very exciting because this month Daring Cardmakers is 7 and we are going to party all month! Seven years is a long time to have kept a blog going! I think there are just two of us left full time who were there at the start although there are others who are taking a break and will hopefully be back soon. But I think it is an amazing achievement really. So why not celebrate with us?
and I might even see if I can blog nearer Fridays and everything....


No comments: