Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Card sketches ahoy!

Although I use a lot of sketches for layouts (well I start off using them and often veer off dramatically) I don't use many for cards. Perhaps because I can't see past the simplicity of the sketch. But I love Lucy Abrams' cards and sketches so decided to have a little play with two of the sketches she produced this week and never mind if they were simple - or used stars like the sketches did.
What I am most chuffed about is finishing up a 6x6 pad which I have had for ages at the same time. Only loads more to go before I need to buy any.....
This is the first sketch
 and my card which is pretty much the same
This used a MME pad (still a few sheets left in this one). Plus a veneer arrow dyed with Heidi Swapp yellow mist (prettier in real life); a Spellbinders star die and a Clearly Besotted stamp

 and here is the other card sketch which I used twice
 This is my favourite card of the three - using an Echo Park pad, Clearly Besotted stamp again and some butterfly punches
I decided not to outline the papers in anyway for a change and am now itching to go back  and give more definition. I will leave it though and instead focus on the fuschia close up which features Glossy Accents
I must use sketches more often!

1 comment:

Lucy Abrams said...

Lovely cards!!! Love all the patterned paper (and well done using up a pad, I've NEVER done that!). Love the glossy flower. Thanks for playing along.