Friday, January 10, 2014

Its all coming back to me now

the notion of blogging!
Although I may not get the chance at all next week again. I always have a lot to say but so often don't seem to have the hwyl to do it (Welsh word meaning "a stirring feeling of emotional motivation and energy") But after such a long hiatus I do want to be creative again. And with this lovely colour inspiration from Nat as the first Daring challenge of the year how could I resist?
 Although you should have seen me despairing over all the lovely bits and pieces I had pulled out and didn't seem able to put together. Finally I ended up with something like this
Isn't that lace amazing? I have no idea where I got it from but have been hoarding it for ever so decided to let some of it go. The papers are from Fancy Pants and Websters Pages. I also used some Tea House Bridge buttons, a Simon Says Stamp sentiment, Cuttlebug embossing folder and dies by Dienamics and Spellbinders. When I first thought I had finished it all looked a bit flat so I added some Glamour Dust swirls with a glue pen. It is VERY twinkly now.

Do have a look at the blog which features some awesome cards by the Daring creatives. And I hope to be here again soon!

2 comments:

Natty said...

Lovely card Lythan, a combination of lovely items too. :D

Btw, do you order directly from Simon Says Stamp or is there another way to get their products? Not that I am in the market or anything..... ;)

Lucy Mills said...

Anything with buttons makes me go all squiggly. Which is a nice feeling that 'squiggly' seems to fit (!)