Tuesday, March 03, 2015

It was meant for me

this card I mean

and ooh that burst of yellow did the trick.
Nat came up with this gorgeous idea for the Daring Cardmakers blog - Mellow Yellow
If you are feeling like its always winter then do pop over for some sunshine :)
I have been rather under the weather - a flu virus that has taken 3 weeks to recover from plus an excision following a (slightly) malignant melanoma leaving a rather fetching 3" scar on my shoulder. Stitches are out now so I am hugely better.

This card isn't my best ever but I was glad to feel well enough to get it made.
I used some Simple Stories papers and 3 different dies to create a sunshine scene. The Paper Smooches get well was cut and layered three times - I love that look. Adding glossy accents to one of the sun papers seemed like a good idea but was less successful - I should have used stronger glue underneath it as it tended to raise some of the paper up. Ah well. The letter stickers are Simple Stories and added on foam pads which gives the slightly wonky look.

I was well enough to attend the Artcards crop on Saturday. One of my Sabbatical resolutions was to make time to meet crafty people and I found Karen's fab group in Somerset. Not totally local but its good. I've only managed 2 since October due to my interesting work life but here's hoping I can fit some more in this year. It happily coincided with the arrival of my latest Quirky Kits box and that made packing for the crop easy as anything. I finished one layout completely, left two more almost done but needing things that I had left at home. Those were completed along with a further two on Monday. Which is good as crafty time will be in short supply over the next few weeks. One layout was launched on the Quirky Kits blog today - the kits are mouth wateringly lovely and can be found here. For more details on this layout visit the blog

Hope you are feeling fit and well :)

1 comment:

Natty said...

Lovely projects Lythan! I'm glad you were feeling well enough to make your Mellow Yellow card because it sure is pretty! The yellow tones on the blog this week have definitely been making me feel sunnier! ;)