Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Well at least the envelope arrived

because my mothers day card wasn't in it :(
Dad says it wasn't sealed at all. I am pretty sure I wouldn't make such a school boy error but who knows. Still because I had made it for a Dare at elast I could email her a photo of what it had looked like.

this is the card i sent to my Mother in Law
Vellum and sparkles and trying out my new embossing pen. Don't really like my handwriting embossed though. Will need to work on that I think. The butterflies are on watercolour paper and I now have the outside and inside butterfly dies which makes putting them together so much easier. This one arrived without a problem...

I am behind again with my Daring Cards so here is what I have been up to
Two weeks ago we had the Great Daring Cardmakers Bake Off.
I used some old QK dies and a newer candle one to make a cupcake. Everything was cut from watercolour paper so I could add paint including that rather awesome gold. (I am gold crazy at the moment I cannot lie). A Lawn Fawn (I think) die cut circle got the same treatment. And as everything looks better with a black outline I gave everything a black outline. I also made a watercolour background and then was very brave and tried out my fancy writing skills using black, white and (here is the important one) grey pens. The shadow of the light grey promarker just brings it to life, even if your "k"s are not very good!

Then this week it was all swings and roundabouts asking for cards with a bit of swing and a circle if poss. Well every time I started thinking about the card the song "would you like to swing on a star" popped into my head. And so here is my swinging star
Heidi Swapp papers; gold foil card die cut star; gold liquid pearls; gold foil on red tape; Imagine That stamps; a whole load of different circle dies; krylon pen
and just a bit of frustration when it wouldn't go right!

Busy week as ever but wanted to dash in a blog post before I had 3 weeks worth of cards to show. Laters :)

No comments: