Monday, April 27, 2015

If at first you don't succeed...

go and have a glass of wine or cry in a darkened room.
those are my two preferred options but sometimes I put my big girl pants on and just deal with it.
Case in point is my card for this weeks Daring Cardmakers where the theme is Under the Weather and we were to make weather themed get well cards
 I made this card - it had clouds and sunshine and a rainbow and it was a shaker card (the most successful I had ever made)
It is ok, not bad even but I was left feeling well, meh.
So I decided to suck it up and make another card
sooo much better. I used lots of lovely patterns from a Pink Paislee 6x6 pad (the same one my teamie Nat used) and a set of Sending Sunshine dies. The remake has a lot of Papermania coloured cardstock and a Paper Smooches larger rainbow and it just works much better.
here's a little close up of the vellum clouds which I love (show off)

I've made a couple of layouts recently.
The last for my Sabbatical album

This one uses some old Cosmo Cricket papers and die cuts along with some chipboard clouds and a few leftovers from old Quirky Kits (the butterfly sticker and the ampersand badge)
 I now own some greaseproof type paper that makes using this doily die a breeze!
I love these clouds so much. Cathrine ought to be impressed that I used three on a layout about her. Or not...

And this one uses the so awesome DIY Boutique by Simple Stories, some Lawn Fawn sparklies and some vellum...



1 comment:

Gez Butterworth said...

Lythan YOU ARE A WHIZZ at this scrapbooking malarky!!

I absolutely adore your LO's

Feeling inspired ♥