Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Play hard, work hard

The exploding box is in da shop!And Emma liked it (phew)

I had a fabby time with Susan. And we didn't just stroke supplies (though a certain amount of oo-ing over paper and ribbons did take place). we crafted too. Sue is a stamping queen and was making the most beautiful flower cards. I wanted to do some scrapping so I took my whole tote full of stuff (and ricked my back taking it back in the house afterwards). I spent hours on this
Does it look like hours were spent? I don't think so. The letters were cut out on Jimbo and all the papers are MM cosmopolitan pink. The ribbons I nicked from Sue's stash! The chocolate sauce on the strawberry looks funny because the glue hadn't dried when I took the photo

Then my second layout took about 15 minutes! It is all stuff from previous SA kits. The rubons were not totally successful (you can't really see the one on the left of the photo and I had dreams about it being all vibrant and lovely)

I have now nearly finished my scrapbook! But sadly only until I have some more inserts. Yes I may finish this Scottish holiday album in time for the next holiday...

And since then it has been work almost constantly - phone calls/elders meeting/prayer meeting/church meeting/women's meeting. Ooh Bible question. What is unusual about the genealogy in Matthew's Gospel? (It is what I talked about at the women's meeting and {big clue} I don't think it is often they have talks about prostitution, incest, seduction and adultery). And I went yesterday to "getting on brilliantly" about how to be a good manager. It provided lots of good food for thought plus lots of good food...

Did manage a little time to play today so I have my dare cards done. I have my CJ entry to do on Monday (yes the day it is due to be sent but it is planned in my head. Sort of) And tomorrow it is the Sound of Music. And I am soooooo worried about leavng the tickets at home...

4 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Love your work! your cards are nice!!!

Bety.

Em said...

More lovely pages Lythan - well done. Not surprised the box went down well - it was fab.

Have fun tomorrow - make sure you sing along nice and loud now....

Sarah said...

Wow Lythan, what gorgeous LO's. Have fun tonight.

Sarah x

Kathy said...

Glad the box was a success Lythan. When is the really really scary part of the exercise to take place?

The SB pages look great and choccy one is particularly yummy looking