Tuesday, May 01, 2007

More new shoes

this time for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

And not quite such a bargain.
but look, see and you will understand.

Unless you hate crocs.
(strange person)

Yesterday I had a great day playing with paper with my friend Sue. We looked at each others new stash and then went for a sarnie. Is there nothing better than a toasted sarnie done in a big flat hotplate? No there is not.
Then we went to Imagine That for a class using Blonde Moments pigment powders and stamps. I love the classes and crops at IT. Emma has a really relaxing manner and makes it such fun.
first we made this card...

isn't it sweet? And thanks to sue for tying my bow otherwise we would still be there. (locked in a craft shop now there's a thought!)
then we made this

a black inked square of backing card was smooshed with three pigment powders, sprayed with water then utee'd with an inked stamp pressed in on last go with the UTEE. More powder was brushed onto the stamped image for definition.
And finally (well we made bits all through the session)


We stamped using versamark and swooshed the pigment on (can you guess my favourite new word?) Then on the cover turned the powder into paint with a little water to paint an embossed image!
Coolio!

If you live anywhere near Upminster Emma will be repeating the class in a few weeks time so check her website for details. If you don't but are keen I have a spare bedroom going at very competitive rates...
And there is a free day of crafting fun on 9th June including Mrs Paper Artsy doing a demo!

3 comments:

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Beautiful cards ;)

thank you for your comment on my blog...

BTW: I had a lot of NO MATCHES.. Just try another pic ;)

xoxo
Emine

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous paper crreations I can't tie bows because I am left handed & the tails always end up upside down & poke out the top!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not into crocs Lythan but I have to say they are the most gorgeous colour (not that it's my favourite of course... lol ) Love the cards too