Monday, June 22, 2009

In a celebrating mood!

Lots of good news to share today!
1: Lil C is coming home in an hour or so. She had a great weekend away - we know because she phoned with updates every three hours! Looking forward to snuggling up and watching Casualty together.
2: I had my MA essay mark - the pass is 40 and a distinction is 70. I got 64 which I am over the moon about as I didn't do well last year and was really despondent.
3: I found out today that my church has won a Multicultural story award from the United Reformed Church. Back in May I posted the Bind it all book that I made as part of our contribution! We will receive the award in December at an event in Birmingham
4: I didn't get on to the Twisted Sketches design team (sob) but have been asked to be a GD in the future (yay!)
5: I have finally finished cards to show off the new Funky Hand I do work book
What I like is that the patterns are neutral and can work for a cream/white or any colour wedding with a bit of tweaking. I had a commission without any colour so ended up with a bit of a cream/white/bronze feel. Jenni and Alan are getting married in Italy - hence the initials
I stuck the J onto a different letter's paper in order to get the right colour combo and glittered the outline."Wedding day" is also from the download and takes glitter beautifully. The card is a little shorter than it started out being due to a few Bind it all accidents!!!!
I used my new Martha Stewart punch; some Distressed Stickles; a lot of distress ink and a few ribbons from my stash
Here is the inside

and a card made from the leftovers which happily fits the UKS June card challenge
I layered the border with thin foam pads and also raised the teeny alpha letters. The velvet ricrac is from Imagine That and the crochet flower was a pressie ages ago. Jenni's brother Graham, who commissioned the card and is my church secretary is a dab hand at crochet and he is going to make me some more! I added a button and some bakers twine.

I have also made a layout to go with this weeks twisted sketch. The twist is to use at least one die cutThese are photos of the place we stayed in over May half term. Isn't it pretty!
Sadly the sky was only this blue for the last 2 days...
the papers are all October Afternoon apart from the Bazzill layer and the brown paper which is Costco. This was going to be the base layer until I stuck the next part down too far to the right. I quite like it now... the brackets and the journalling spot are die cuts. They are from the Cherry Hill set but match the County Fair papers too. Clever!
Here is a close up of the journalling
Off to work on my Salt layout this week - which may well feature OA papers too and also start preparing my next Doodling class for Imagine That. Oh and pick up Carys and do a Youth Praise service at church. Not sure how much will get done...

1 comment:

Tip Top said...

All very fantastic! And very well done on the 64! I once got a 75 and was well pleased! Came after quite a few 39's too....!!!!