Friday, June 19, 2009

What, Friday again?

Say it ain't so!
I know I am getting old when it only seems like yesterday was last Friday. Ooooh me aching bones.
It does mean it is nearly my birthday (tiddly pom!). And my pressies (chosen by meeeeee!) have arrived. There are two problems however, due to the fact that my best birthday present ever was my daughter born almost 13 years ago.

1: we normally open our cards and presents in the morning. She insists (bless!) that we do this alternately. This can take a long time. Number 1 son has to be out of the house by 7:45 in the morning. Do I really want to get up at 6:30 to do the present thing? No. But if not, I can't play with my new toys (which are possibly craft related but I don't know as they are a surprise. Well I pretend they are) until after school. Oh the agony!

2: She wants to do something with her friends for her birthday. Fairy snuff. I don't want to have to organise it. Must drop better hints to husband...

One day she will find sharing her birthday with her mum annoying. So I must cherish it while she doesn't and make the most of it. I'm just hoping she doesn't do a Kevin ...
She has gone away on a school trip this weekend. Its a science/activity weekend. 9 girls and 20 boys. Interesting.

Which gave me the inspiration for this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge
Miss you
Make a card that shares your love with someone - it could be missing you, thinking of you, across the miles - just let you imagination take flight.
I have popped the card in her suitcase as the postal workers in London may be going on strike this weekend.
It is a cream square card that uses layers of kraft cardstock and Scenic Route Sonoma papers and some faux stitching.
I added bakers twine around the centre panel which also has a Martha Stewart doily punch border and is raised on foam pads.
The cork and die cut accents are all from Chatterbox. I bought this huge pack of Chatterbox embellishments from Studio Calico - they are cork; card; chipboard and acrylic. There are birds; butterflies; stars; random shapes and some cute deer!
The big letters are American Crafts felt thickers and the little ones are Adormit. To make the felt stand out I drew around them and then added some tiny pearls.
There is a lot of dimension going on (another reason for not posting it!) as you can see from the close up
I also made a quick card for my friend Sue to give to someone. She wanted a funny card. This is more cute really but I couldn't resist the die cut bird to match the October Afternoon papers
the papers are all from the Cherry Hill collection. I just added some Making Memories tiny alphas.

Finally a quick layout which all came together when I found the Scenic Route chipboard piece that says "Lucky" on it.
The title came from this book which was one of Carys' favourites when she was little. Kraft cardstock (how glad am I we can get this easily in the UK now!); Scenic Route and Cosmo Cricket papers; another Chatterbox embellishment; a button; some twine and some gigham ribbon and bob's your layout. I love these leaves and trees that I cut and layered up from some Mr Campy paper.


Anice has launched a new wedding themed wordbook download today at Funky Hand and it is fab, fab, fab. To my shame I haven't created anything yet but the other Design Team members have been really inspired. I am going to pull my finger out and get going over the weekend, so must get my service prep done now...

1 comment:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Lythan I love your Miss you card. The deer looks fantastic and I really enjoyed the theme you set for us, hugs Pascale