Friday, July 02, 2010

I'm on a loop

Here is the card I made for Daring Cardmakers this week. As it is the first Friday of the month (eek!) it is a birthstone theme and this time it is Ruby! I found a strip of Swiss Dot Bazzill that I foded in two and rounded the corners. Then raided my scraps for little bits of red paper. Then went through my large papers for more. Red is so hard to co-ordinate but I've just about managed! Some Kraft cardstock and cream glitter card helped the different reds to work.
Also used - new Cuttlebug large dot embossing folder; Scenic Route; October Afternoon and Papermania papers; Bo Bunny scallop stickers; Papertrey ribbon; Nestability dies; adornit letter stickers; Stamping Up punch; Auntie Sarah's bloomer resprayed with red and gold Tattered Angels spray; Nikki Sivils button; liberal amounts of Vintage Photo distress ink.

It was only while photographing this card along with birthday cards that I realised that the card I made for Carys on Monday night was almost exactly the same
How dull and repetitive am I (even though accidentally). This one used
Papertrey stamps; Fancy pants papers; Paperartsy card blank; Nestability dies; Prima fabric brad; bloomer; Sharpie pen; lots of glamour dust; Stamping Up turquoise ink (which I would call bright blue myself)

You can see more variety in the gorgeous cards I was sent for my birthday
from Ruth (Tiptop)from Alison
from Heather
from Allison
from Gill
from Kathy for Carys
from Kathy for me
from Emma at Imagine That
from Jacqueline
from Jill and Helen
from Julesfrom Lynda
HOw lucky am I! thanks everyone.
BTW I haven't been contacted by my Nikki Sivils winner so if I haven't heard anything by next Thursday I will re-pick a winner

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Looks like you didn't get mine. I did send it - honest! :)xx

Kathy said...

I'd never have noticed the similarity if you hadn't pointed it out - the big circles look great and it's always interesting to see how different colours/papers etc change the whole feel of a card.

You got some lovely birthday cards, I bet your mantlepiece looks beautifully adorned!

asia wu said...

It's funny how we find ourselves copying our own work without realising it! I love the composition of your card, all the different elements make it just perfect.

Lynda said...

It's just your style - perfect!

Love Lynda xxx

Tip Top said...

Wow! Wonderful Birthday cards! I like the top one best hehehehe!!!!!

Hope you had a very fab Birthday!