Friday, June 21, 2013

Blooming marvellous

the flower festival has arrived and the church looks great. My hayfever doesn't totally appreciate it though!

This week on Daring Cardmakers Beckie issued us with a fab challenge - More than likely we have a jar/container that sits on our craft table where we pop all those little bits that are just left on the desk and don't have a home! My dare is to make a card featuring at least 5 items from the jar!   Marvellous! I thought. Until I realised that I don't have such a thing. Bloomin' marvellous I muttered.
Still as I pawed my way through my surprisingly more organised/purged than I had expected supplies, I did come across quite a few things that counted as bits and bobs.
Et voila

The cardbase is from a half used piece of Bazzil which I cut to a US sized card (5 1/2 x 4 1/4)
I found some old Fancy Pants (blue) Pink Paislee (orange) and fancy edged (Sassafrass) The turquoise card is from October Afternoon. The orange chipboard is Cosmo Cricket. The heart is from a little packet of freebie die cuts from Dies to Die for and the little bird I think came from Tea House Bridge. The green branch and orange circle are cut from the other side of the orange paper, the fancy die cut circle was cut using a Spellbinders Die from more of the base cardstock. The gems have been in my stash for simply years (10?). The sentiment stamp is new from Clearly Besotted and is stamped in Chestnut Roan chalk ink.

You would not believe how long it took me to put the card together. I despaired over it to start with but it doesn't look so bad today. Maybe I will go back to keeping scraps after all...


No comments: