Monday, June 03, 2013

First Florence layouts

I think that half the fun of travelling is scrapping it afterwards. OK maybe a slight exaggeration, (and as you may recall I am a nervous traveller)  but I do like to be able to write down my stories whilst playing with paper.

The first story to tell was a wee bit traumatic at the time and so needed a lot of words...
 Phil took the photo with his phone. I don't like looking out of the window on planes as I can see how far we would fall... (yes I am a fun traveller)
The papers are all from the Amy Tangerine Yes Please collection. The base page had the sun and clouds already there, as well as some of the pennants at the bottom. I outlined everything in black and managed to insert some extra pattern paper pieces to the bottom right had side cluster. This provided the inspiration for the other paper strip placements

I cut some clouds and a plane using some free cut files by Ashley Harris
Then it was just a case of adding journalling; a Dear Lizzy word stamp; some sequins; some liquid pearls and two little people (Phil and me obviously). Oh and a heart as it was a romantic getaway!

One of the great things about the Silhouette Cameo store is the free cut file you get on a Tuesday.  (Well it is there all week, it is just new on Tuesdays!) The file for the week we were away was just perfect
as were the colours of the Yes Please papers so I just kept using them. They created the basic framework for the whole page

but I didn't want to be too matchy matchy so incorporated some other things as well - like some chevron washi tape; MME enamel dots; some Lily Bee stickers and Studio Calico chipboard arrows; some Crate Paper die cuts and stickers and some of my Prima resin flowers that I hoard. Phil will never quite understand the romantic gesture that is my having used three on one layout (and not just taking them back off again when the photo was done!)
The weather was not as fabulous for the whole trip as on that first day but I will never forget the wonder of that first evening, sipping Bellinis on the hotel balcony and looking out at that view. Sigh






No comments: