Saturday, June 08, 2013

Excuse the pong

Our boiler has died. And with three young adults in the house (yes the boys are home!) I am very glad it is both the time of year when windows can be opened and that we don't need the heating on. At least the washing machine is still working... I'm off to see my parents for 24 hours tomorrow and am looking forward to a lovely warm shower. it is strange to think that our obsession with being clean is quite new - people were quite comfy in their own natural parfum in times past. Having said that there were at least 2 men in Asda yesterday who either don't have a working boiler or who are trying to live the Elizabethan way and it quite put me off my food shop.

I was late to the Daring Cardmaker party again this week, although I had made my card for the June Colour Combo in time I had forgotten the bit about photographing it. ooops. Can I use the excuse of my mind being on higher things? Probably not!
 Here is the delicious colour palette selected by Jo. And here is my take which looks slightly more blue in the photo than it is in real life
 The papers are a mix of Fancy Pants Down By the Shore and an Authentic Summer 6x6 pad. I used a new Cuttlebug Decorative Scallops embossing folder which is lovely both ways round and also various circle dies. I felt there was not enough raspberry colour at one point but it seemed too full on with the orange circle on top so I added a little vellum which seemed to do the trick. I also added a vellum sentiment band and embossed the Clearly Besotted sentiment with one layer of turquoise UTEE which seemed to do the trick. A few more of my faux  enamel dots to finish it off. The butterfly is a covered chipboard one from Pink Paislee

I made another card as a request recently and haven't shown it here. Actually I could almost have submitted it for the Daring challenge as the colours fit quite well
If I had thought of that before it would have saved me a job! This is a die heavy card - with Nestabilities Labels 1; a Cheery Lynn scroll; MFT sentiment; Cuttlebug script embossing folder and two different Martha Stewart butterfly punches. The papers were all sorts of old ones that I thought would tone - some Prima, some Pink Paislee and I think the background is October Afternoon. Some of the butterflies were raised on foam pads and all had little gems in the middle

I've been revealing some layouts on the Quirky Kits blog  recently. I'll put them here in a few days but if you can't wait go and have a look. The kits are well worth signing up for if you are a card maker or a scrapbooker as there are always lots of lovely little things to inspire you
Pepe le Pew signing off

4 comments:

MagsB said...

Two beautiful cards! The blues are lovely - such a restful colour - and the scalloped embossing is wonderful!

love Mags B x

Esther said...

Lovely flock of butterflies! Love the backing paper to

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love the circle layers, and your handmade embellishments really finish the card off nicely - got to have a go at making some of those!

Jo said...

I lol'd at 'living in the Elizabethan way'! Fab cards - I love the touch of vellum and your enamel dots are lush!

j xx