Monday, September 16, 2013

A bit sketchy

I lvoe using sketches to kick start my scrapbooking - but because I am not very organised I don't usually manage to do them in the week that they are launched. Well this is my week because not only have I completed a layout for a current sketch, but the blog that I took it from gives you a whole month to submit it - which means I can also link the layout I did for last weeks sketch as well.
Result!

OK little things please little minds I know...
But thank you Stuck?! for the extra time

Firstly the sketch and layout for September 15th
and my take on it
Mine is a tad busier than you might expect given that clean looking sketch.
It was going to be simpler but the layers and patterns just kept coming! And besides the photos are all bright and busy so why not reflect that?
The base paper is from Simple Stories and the blue corrugated is from Fancy Pants but everything else is Basic Grey clippings. I was so pleased with how the big white dots worked with an eyedropper and Mr Huey white.

I loved the triangle paper but couldn't add that in so decided to turn some of the triangles into mock pinwheels.

 I didn't have enough of the ranson style letters left to do the title all in the same font but I rather like the overhanging "market"
 I used up some of my many stickers on this layout. I don't normally buy so many extras in a collection - don't remember why I did with this one to be honest! And I also used my big scallop scissors to cut the, well, big scallops.
 A sprinkling of diamente gems and I was done.
I am so glad I scrapped this. Just to remind Phil and I of the Sisyphian effort of the market workers who sweated for hours to clear the space (we know 'cos we had a meal our first night on the edge of the market place and watched them, marvelling at the hard work). They finished about 10pm only to put it back again next morning.
By the way - do you like the word Sisyphian? its about the only thing I remember from studying Camus for French A level.

And here is the layout using the September 1st Stuck?! Sketch
 Oh my, I actually love how this turned out
(And I don't say that a lot about my stuff)
Maybe because it is another memory that I so want to keep and the colours just reflect the whole holiday so well.
More corrugated cardstock! Fancy Pants is my current favourite paper company and I may have bought 3 of the recent paper packs which have two corrugated cardstocks in each.
The background circle was done using a very old Crafters Workshop circle template - look I was using it in 2008! I used lemonade Distress Ink for the circle. All of the papers and stickers are from the Wonderful Day paper pack (that I have been using a lot but still have loads left!)

The letter stickers were a bit flat so I added some Glossy Accents and Peeled Paint distress glitter
The other non FP items were these cute coated woodshapes from Studio Calico; American Crafts gold glitter tape and some teeny gold sequins



 The big white stars were cut using a Spellbinders die.

There was a possibility of Stuck?! ceasing to produce sketches but I for one am so glad it is going to continue.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous layouts, I love that you added hand journaling. The addition of extra photos looks incredible on the first layout and your 'sun'' is so wonderful on the second layout! thanks for linking up with Stuck?! hope to see you again!

Rachael Funnell said...

both your layouts AWESOME... the placement of your journaling on your first layout is GREAT...
Thanks for playing along with Stuck!

Unknown said...

both layouts look great....love your journaling..thanks for playing along with us at STUCK

Annette said...

Love this, Lythan. I hadn't heard of these sketches before. Off to do some pinning!

KerrynF said...

Wow!! Amazing take on both sketches. Love to see the extra photos in the Sept 15th sketch. Thanks for playing along.